Keeping your computer and network safe is one of the most important steps in protecting sensitive information. Using the resources provided here can help you keep your system up to date and your digital resources safe.
Protecting your computer
Protecting your Identity
If you don’t currently have Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware software on your computer, we recommend installing a free product from each category:
Vulnerability Scanning is a method of scanning your computer and/or network for any vulnerabilities, included un-patched operating systems, programs, ports, and any many other flaws in a secure system.
- Secunia Online Software Inspector: Fast, easy web-based scanner.
- OpenVAS: Full Featured, programmable, open source vulnerability scanning.
Malware is short for Malicious Software. It is any software designed to secretly access a computer without the owner’s consent. Malware includes viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, adware, rootkits, crime-ware, and any other hostile, intrusive, or annoying software or code.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware: Powerful malware removal scanner
- Spybot Search & Destroy: Spyware and Malware removal with real-time protection
- SUPERAntiSpyware: Powerful Spyware and Malware removal (Recommended only if above two fail to remove malware and spyware)
Real-Time Virus Scans
A Computer Virus is a malicious program that can copy itself and infect other computers, similar to natural viruses. Computers connected to networks and the Internet are all high targets for virus attacks.
- Avast! Anti-Virus: Powerful, lightweight Anti-Virus
- AVG Anti-Virus: Full Featured Anti-Virus
- Microsoft Security Essentials: Powerful Microsoft-based realtime scanner
* Complete Merchant Solutions is NOT responsible for your computer security, data integrity, or software. Use of any software or information found on this page is your own responsibility. Complete Merchant Solutions shall not be liable for any data loss, system failure, data corruption, inadequate protection, identity fraud, infections, hacking, or any other form of malicious issues.